This cooling down results in a vacuum within seconds after you have snuffed the flame of the heat source.
Now please notice on the pictures, that the upper bowl has a hollow stem and a rubber seal to make an airtight connection to the lower bowl.
Once the heated water starts to produce steam, this pushes the water from the lower bowl upward through this stem into the upper bowl, that acts as a temporary reservoir, in which you added your dry coffee grounds.
When no more water rises up, you may let it brew for a minute or so, then snuff the flame of the heat source and almost instantly the extract will be gentle sucked past the filter back into the lower bowl.
This results in a perfect extract of all tasteful flavours of the coarse ground coffee beans. Only glass parts (of the ‘D-
As none of these components pick up any taste, next time you may brew any other extract in your Cona without any distasteful reminder of your previous brew. This makes it also perfect for the preparation of tea, gluhwein or other extracts.
For professional quality assesment of coffee, there is no better gear with a higher degree of fidelity.
The Cona coffee brewer became an instant worldwide design-
Its elegant design and innovative use of quality materials came with a multitude of clever technical solutions. The taste has always remained marvelous.
The system brews your coffee at the exact right temperature (slightly hotter than your everyday electric pour-
The Cona is a prime example of ‘form follows function’. The industrial design by Abram Games makes perfect use of the thrusting power of steam-
A. GEZANG & CO BV -
What makes the Cona so perfect for coffee devotees? Here is our answer!
The main characteristics of the CONA Size ‘D-
• Patented “All-
• Works flawlessly without any use of filter paper or cloth
• Elegant portable design with technical-
• Heating phase generates steam to push water up to mix with coarse grinded coffee beans .
• Cooling down phase generates vacuum to suck extract past the filter back into lower bowl.
• Coffee is prepared at optimal temperature
• Ready to pour in 6 minutes (use pre-
• Heat source works on common fire/cleaning spirit (other names: denatured, methylated alcohol).
• Made in Europe with durable materials and no parts that wear.
• Solid metal stand with chromium and high-
• Aperture in stand to place upper bowl into rest-
• Solid bakelite black high-
• Available in two variants: ‘D-
• One size "D" = 1.14 liter = 38.5 oz. Serves 8 large cups or less.